Mark Tool and Rubber Co, Inc. is proud to introduce ThermoTron 350, a high-temperature wet insulation system.
ThermoTron 350 is a high-temperature wet insulation system intended use for insulation and splashzone protection of risers, hull piping, and insulation for subsea flow-line, with an internal temperature up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
This product consists of three layers, a corrosion resistant layer, a bonding agent layer, and a high temperature high density elastomer layer.
ThermoTron 350™ Systems has 60 years of experience built into its technology. The system was designed to perform in extreme harsh environments. It is robust and very flexible and will extend protection for the lifespan of subsea installations. The three-layer coating system provides corrosion protection and excellent thermal insulation properties.
The system is seawater, impact and creep resistant. It will also provide excellent resistance to weathering, fungus, and marine life.
ThermoTron 350 consists of three layers that are vulcanized to the steel pipe surface.
- The first layer is a corrosion coating that provides the pipe surface (the pipe is first steel grit blasted) with a film that is highly resistant to chemical attack and to cathodic disbondment.
- The second layer consists of a bonding agent that works as a bonding layer between the ThermoTron 350™ top coat and the first layer of corrosion coating.
- The third layer consists of extruded ThermoTron 350™ 1” thick depending on the service conditions (the thickness could vary). The function of the third layer is to provide the system with excellent thermal insulation properties and both anticorrosive and mechanical protection.
Typical Applications for ThermoTron 350
- Insulation System for Flow-lines
- Insulation System for Production Risers
- Insulation System for Hull piping
- Insulation System for Tie-backs
- Insulation System for Spools
ThermoTron 350 has been thorough extensive testing for two years by one of the largest oil and gas producers in the Gulf of Mexico. See below a list of some of the tests we have performed on this product.
- End of Life (EOL) testing
- Exposure tests
- UV exposure
- Laboratory testing
- Hot dry-aging testing
- Water uptake testing
- Wet thermal degradation
- Heat capacity testing
- Thermal conductivity
- Thermal degradation
- Oxidation testing
- High temperature testing up to 525° F
- Low temperature testing down to 25° F
- SST (simulated service test) with Internal pipe
temperature 525°F, External pressure 4500 PSI (hydrostatic)